Nowadays everyone wants to have full control over their smartphone, that includes installing custom roms that meet your desires aswell as other operations. Within moments after the xda developers forum staff created the development boards, cheatman posted a method on how to root the I9192 variant.
Disclaimer:Following the guide in this post incorrectly can lead to you bricking your device. S4MiniArchive will not be responsible for any damages done to your device, this guide is for educational purposes, only try this if you believe you can do it. By following this guide, you also void your warranty and lease yourself from OTA (over-the-air) updates.
Warnings from developer:
Do not use this procedure for any other device than the GT-I9192 (the dual sim model)!!!
This rooted kernel is for the XXUAMF7 stock ROM and it may or may not work correctly with other stock versions.
This root/recovery was only tested on EURO / AFRICA models of the I9192. Other regions may not be compatible.
- PC and USB cable
- Atleast 60% battery life
- USB Debugging enabled (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging)
- Odin 3.07, root and CWM packages - Click here to download.
- Samsung Kies installed for drivers - Click here to download Kies.
- Download and extract the root pack. Put the "GT-I9192-RootKit-v2.zip" to your device's storage and leave the Odin and the rest of the files on your PC.
- Power off the phone
- Press and hold the home button, power button and volume down button all together.
- You should be in download mode.
- Connect your phone with the USB cable to your computer
- Start the Odin program and be sure that the first thing you do is uncheck the F. Reset Time option in Odin.
- Click the PDA button and select the "ROOT_I9192_CWM6_Kernel.tar" file and press the Start button.
- Wait for a few seconds, the phone should reboot and you should see a green box in Odin saying PASS.
- After the phone reboots, it vibrates, so immediatelly after the vibration hold Volume up and Home buttons together to boot into Recovery mode.
- Once in there, choose to install a zip and locate the "GT-I9192-RootKit-v2.zip" file and choose it.
- After it is done, choose to reboot system and your phone should be rooted.
Credits and source:Click here.
Now you may enjoy your rooted Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9192 with CWM Recovery.