Nowadays everyone wants to have full control over their smartphone, that includes installing custom roms that meet your desires aswell as other operations. Within moments after the xda developers forum staff created the development boards, arco68 posted a method on how to root the I9195 variant.
Disclaimer:Following the guide in this post incorrectly can lead to you bricking your device. S4MiniArchive will not be responsible for any damages done to your device, this guide is for educational purposes, only try this if you believe you can do it. By following this guide, you also void your warranty and lease yourself from OTA (over-the-air) updates.
- PC and USB cable
- Atleast 60% battery life
- USB Debugging enabled (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging)
- Odin 3.07, root and CWM packages - Click here to download.
- Samsung Kies installed for drivers - Click here to download Kies.
- Power off the phone
- Press and hold the home button, power button and volume down button all together.
- You should be in download mode.
- Connect your phone with the USB cable to your computer
- Start the Odin program and be sure that the first thing you do is uncheck the F. Reset Time option in Odin.
- Slick the PDA button and select the "GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5" file and press the Start button.
- Wait for a few settings, the phone should reboot and you should see a green box in Odin saying PASS.
- After the phone has booted up, power it back off and repeat step 2 and 3.
- In the PDA field, this time choose the "recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file and click on the Start button.
- After rebooting, power it back off.
- Press and hold the home button, power button and volume up button all together.
- Phone will enter in recovery, exit the recovery and you should be asked if you want to root the phone.
- Once done, go to the Play Store and download the Superuser app and you're done.
Credits and source:Click here.
Now you may enjoy your rooted Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 with CWM Recovery. If you need a video showing these instructions, feel free to leave a comment.