THIS WAS ORIGINALLY MADE FOR I9192, TEST ON OTHER MODELS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Manufacturers tend to fill their phones with apps to make them richer but unfortunately, some people find them being in the way and want to get rid of them. In most cases, these apps are called "bloatware".
shayan1103 from xda-developers forums has made this neat script that wipes out all of the "unnecessary" apps from the phone, making it super clean. Basically you need to download this zip file, boot into recovery mode and flash it, no need for a rooted phone.
Advanced users can open up the zip file and modify the updater-script file with a program such as Notepad++ and remove the lines with the apps names they wish to keep.
Download script - Click here.
- Download the zip file to your sdcard
- Power off the phone, and once it is completely off hold Volume up + Power + Home button simultaneously
- You should be in Recovery mode, and from there, choose "apply update from external storage"
- Select the bloatware removal zip file and it should install
- Reboot the phone and enjoy your cleaned Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini