Until now, all the AOSP roms were only available for the international variants of the Galaxy S4 mini (I9190 and I9195). Now finally, CyanogenMod 11 becomes unofficially available for the lucky Sprint Galaxy S4 mini users.
This project is under development by xda member s0be based off arco's CM11 and it appears that most of the things that you need for daily use are working just fine. Not only do you get CyanogenMod 11 for your Spring Galaxy S4 mini, but you also get the custom recovery CWM Recovery which you need to use of course to flash the rom, create nandroid backups and such.
Confirmed to be working:
- Boot Animation
- Basic Sound
- Notification LEDs
- IR Remote
Downloads:CWM Recovery Odin package - Click here.
CM11 ROM for Sprint Galaxy S4 mini - Click here.
Gapps for CM11 - Click here.
Odin - Click here.
Disclaimer:Rooting your phone and flashing custom roms voids your warranty! Not following the steps properly could also lead to a bricked phone. S4MiniArchive and the developer(s) will not be responsible for any damages caused to your device.
- Download the Odin zip file and the CWM Recovery package to your computer.
- Download the CM11 rom and Gapps package to your phone's sdcard
- Extract the Odin zip file and run the program
- Power off your Galaxy S4 mini and begin holding the Volume down + Home + Power buttons together to boot into Download mode.
- Run Odin and connect your phone to your computer, then press the Volume up button on your phone to have it ready for download.
- In the PDA field, choose the CWM Recovery package that you downloaded and then click Start.
- After it is done, your phone should reboot. Now power it off once again.
- Now hold the Volume up + Home + Power buttons together and you should be in CWM Recovery
- Choose wipe data/factory reset
- Now choose install zip
- Then choose zip from external sdcard (in newer CWM Recovery versions, it's choose zip from /storage/sdcard1/)
- Locate and choose the CM11 zip file, then choose Yes to confirm
- After flashing the rom, choose the same options but this time flash the Gapps zip file
- After flashing is complete, go back and choose reboot system now.